I created this recipe from things I found in my kitchen one day. I knew I wanted to make a pudding pie so I looked around, used what I had on hand and viola, I had made one seriously amazing pie! Happy accident! I have to say it was easy to make, equal parts crunchy, smooth and light. I hope you like it as much as we do!
Here's What You'll Need:
Marie Calendars premade pie crust
Mrs. Richardson’s Hot Fudge
2 boxes of South & Spoon Vanilla Pudding mix
1 package Nutter Butter cookies or your favorite peanut butter cookie.
Nestle small semi sweet choc chips for topping
Let's Get Started:
1. Start by pre- baking your piecrust a pre heated oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown then let cool.
2. Make your two boxes of S & S Vanilla pudding mix for pie filling. Add 4oz cream cheese when you add egg and milk for extra thick pie filling. After you bring your pudding to a boil put into a heat safe bowl.
PRO TIP: Covering hot pudding with saran wrap, making sure it touches the pudding will keep a “milk skin” from forming on the top of it.
3. Heat the hot fudge and spread around the bottom of baked piecrust with a spatula.
4. Crush the peanut butter cookies and sprinkle generously over the hot fudge forming a full layer of cookie.
5. Slice 3 bananas. Use as many as needed to cover cookie layer.
6. Pour cooled pudding over the top and spread to fully cover the layers. Use your spatula and smooth.
7. Add banana slices to the outside of the pie covering the crust.
8. Cover this layer with Cool Whip.
9. Sprinkle the top with semi-sweet chocolate chips and a Nutter Butter cookie.